With so many different brands of lotion on the market it can be overwhelming to decide which one will best fit your specific needs. Of course you will read each bottle in an attempt to figure out which one will cure your symptoms, but ultimately you’re taking a chance on something that you hope will work. I’ve been given the opportunity to try Curél’s® Itch Defense® lotion and am here to share my findings with you.
First, here are some important things you should know about Curél® Itch Defense® Lotion (this information has been provided to me):
1. 1. The breakthrough formula rebalances four essential components of healthy skin which includes the following:
· Ceramides: Restores skin’s barrier function and regulates skin’s ability to hold moisture
· pH Levels: Brings pH to a healthy level to bring skin back into balance
· Moisture Levels: Contains humectants to boost moisturization and emollients to leave skin feeling protected
· Cellular Turnover: Minimizes dry, flaky skin and smoothes skin surface balancing the dry skin cycle
2. 2. Used to relieve dry, itchy skin. It helps to control flare ups and helps to keep irritation from coming back by rebalancing the skin.
3. 3. It has passed 8 different safety tests. It is dermatologist-recommended, pediatrician-tested, and allergist-tested. It has been granted the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance™.
4. 4. Is safe enough to use on babies 6 months and older.
Less is definitely more when it comes to this lotion. The first time I used it I had so much lotion on my body that when I got into bed my sheets started to absorb the lotion. This had absolutely nothing to do with the lotion itself, I just used way too much. Luckily, the lotion didn’t alter the color of my sheets or leave any stains behind.
Every time I use this lotion I am amazed at how it works. My hands had gotten dry to the point where I could see my skin starting to flake. I applied Curél’s® Itch Defense® Lotion and instantly felt the relief. How the lotion feels when it is first applied is a bit hard to describe – originally I thought it felt thick and that it was going to be greasy, but the more I rubbed my hands together I started to realize that it’s quite lightweight and very moisturizing. My skin absorbs the lotion and there is no greasy film or stickiness left behind. Only soft, smooth hands. I can’t stop rubbing my hands together because they feel so soft! I also don’t have to wait for my hands to dry before touching anything which is a huge plus! Although scented lotions can be fun, I am glad that this one is fragrance-free. I’d rather use a lotion that does what it says it will than one that smells yummy and under performs.
I think Curél® Itch Defense® Lotion works like a charm. I don’t suffer from eczema or overly dry, itchy skin, but my skin is quite sensitive and it tends to go out of whack when the seasons change. This will definitely be my go to lotion for the winter! This lotion isn’t something that you use once and you are automatically cured of your skin dilemma, but I can see how it can fix your skin after continued use.
For $7.99 you get 13fl oz of lotion and I think it is worth every penny! I definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from dry, irritated skin regardless of what causes it. Click here to find where to buy Curel® Itch Defense ® lotion and other products by Curel®.
I hope that my review has helped you in your decision to buying lotion. If you have used this product please leave a comment below as I would like to know what you think about this product.
*FTC Disclaimer* This product was given to me, free, for review. I am not affiliated with this company nor am I receiving any compensation for my review. Everything posted here is my honest opinion.